The Message In A Bottle Campaign will address depression awareness and suicide prevention in Bermuda.
In May 2015 the Weekenders Running Group raised funds and donated $5,000.00 to the Bermuda Mental Health Foundation to raise awareness about suicide and depression. Debbie Pharaoh-Williams and Tali Gabai-Maiato both lost siblings to suicide and they want to help those within the community.
Bermuda Mental Health Foundation has developed a Message In A Bottle Campaign that will be a month long campaign for the month of February and March that will consist of the following:
- 200 USB drift bottles will be distributed nationally throughout the island in pre-determined
- There will a message, video, depression checklist and community resources pre-loaded on the USB sticks.
- There will also be a link that will take community members to a website where they can sign that they received the message so the Foundation can determine how many people were impacted by the campaign.
- The Foundation will also install an 8×12 feet canvass that will be place outside of City Hall for 2.
- Members of the community will be encouraged to write words of encouragement to those who suffer with depression or any other forms of mental illness in